Thursday, October 30, 2008

yet another weirdy dream...


I don't know what the deal is! all week I've been having these strange dreams, one night I was married to this guy that wouldn't stop yelling at me at our wedding reception, one night I had the old, Falling off a cliff dream, last night I had a dream that there were 2 GIANT doberman's running rampant through the Mall and for some reason the guys I work with were to consumed with playing poker online to help me shut the gate (which looked an awful lot like those velvet curtains you find on the stage on church or elementary school stages...) I ended up twisted in the fabric with the hugeungus dog's jaws clenched on my face and leg...I was screaming for help, but none of the guys would break away from their game, so I had to pull out my handy dandy cell phone (that was a really BIG really OLD one) and call my Daddy for help. Daddy came running, and as soon as I was free from the grips of the evil dogs, (somehow, the velvet curtains kept me from sustaining permanent injury, it looked more like I had run into the branches of a pine tree than been attacked by angry dogs...) anyway, as soon as I was free, I got angry with the salesmen, and they started spouting off about how I didn't scream HELP loud enough, they thought I was Joking, and that's why they didn't come. I'm pretty sure I'm going nuts.

7 things people said...:

Marianne said...

Yup...pretty sure you are going nuts!! Don't worry, I'm coming with you!

Shelly said...

I think I know what this calls for: a bit of Good Times and cheesecake Factory therapy. If you come I will buy you orange chicken and custard until the dreams subside.

Jill said...

Jen- I have a theory, and bear with me....

I always have STRANGE dreams when preggers (as or e-BFF, Tamn, would call it). Now I KNOW that you are NOT, i repeat not, great with child but (and here it comes...) you are sub-consciously preparing to be the baby mama of four brown children.

am i brilliant or what?!?

Astrid said...

So I'm guessing this poker game was all going down in "The Board Room!" I'm just happy to know those church curtains are doberman-resistant! I wonder if that is why they install them in all the churches. Also maybe you should pitch this as an add to Verizon or whatever cellphone provider you have. You could make MILLIONS, well maybe THEY could make MILLIONS off of you!

Ashley said...

BAHAHAHAHAHA!! Jennie, i love your blog!! I love your poems and your dreams!! they make my day! i know that if im having a bad day i can read your blog and feel much much better!!

Ashley said...

BAHAHAHAHAHA!! Jennie, i love your blog!! I love your poems and your dreams!! they make my day! i know that if im having a bad day i can read your blog and feel much much better!!

Melissa said...

Heeeeee-heeee. Yeah, so, I'm wondering what (or perhaps "who") the dog represents. I love reading about your dreams.

PS-we have a Cheescake Factory in Salt Lake if you can't make it to Colorado;)