"the Lord is good to all; and his tender mercies are over all his works."
Psalms 145:9
I've had the lesson in Relief Society several times. I've heard talks over the pulpit from various ward members, and General Authorities. I've heard countless stories about how some little thing done out of pure, thoughtless, kindness, helped a friend or neighbor. I understand how my Father in Heaven blesses you in so many little ways that they all combine to make one massive blessing. I see it in my daily life. Sadly, I didn't realize how your life can be affected for good or bad by the decisions of others. How a kind word, a smile, a hug, a compliment on a job well done can be just what you need that day. Or on the other hand, how a dirty look, a sarcastic comment about burnt Alfredo sauce, or even just a comment about what YOU could be doing better, can wreck your day. I don't want to focus on the bad though. I always try to focus on the good and hope that my sarcasm, and my facial expressions aren't the cause of ANYONE having a terrible day. I'm sure that most of the people that read my blog already know, but I broke up with my boyfriend on Sunday. While I am trying my hardest not to be bitter, to be thankful for the time I spent with him and to admit that he is a good guy, and while I'm fighting my less than holy ideas of what to do to the books, t-shirt and gym shorts that I currently have of his (don't worry. I'm not going to do anything to them but give them back when I feel like I can see him without crying.) I have to say that it hurts. It hurts like Hades. Yesterday, I really needed a reason to smile. the tender mercies I have been receiving are what I want to share, and they are all results of a prayer for something, anything really, that would help me see that things aren't always as bad as they seem. All day I got text messages, emails and voice mail from people who love me. Mike sent me one that said "Boys hate puppies and babies and they like to light beautiful flowers on fire. It's terrible." It mad me laugh so hard that for once that day I was crying laughter tears instead of hurt tears. Jilly sent me one that said "Misery loves company... talking Dogs anyone?" Janna sent me a facebook message that told me that the world wasn't right if I wasn't happy. Lissa sent me one about her eating a Hot Dog slathered in ketchup. (she HATES ketchup and isn't too fond of Hot Dogs if my memory serves me correctly) Marilee called me a few times, though I wasn't able to answer, I'm sure she would have said something to brighten my day. I got facebook messages from Jason and Beki, Kayden and Astrid. Jaret and Lindy told me on Sunday night that they love me no matter what. Mike and Ashley brought me a love it size "Founders Favorite" with no nuts from Cold Stone last night, and proceeded to make me laugh with ideas for Halloween costumes. Kari left a voice mail that said she was there if I needed to talk. At school Beki was right there with a big hug. This morning I saw this awesome black truck with a license plate that said "ur ok." just a simple reminder that I am ok. Or I will be soon. Last night, I was fighting tears as I waited for the elevator...when I stepped on, a mother and her two sons were already on board. the youngest of the two had blonde surfer hair and Downs Syndrome, as the doors closed he asked me, "what floor?" and I asked him to push L... then after he pushed it, he bent his knees and told me, with a HUGE grin, to "get Ready! and...JUMP!!!" he didn't even know what he did to make me smile. I got an email from Lil Joe telling me that he air hugged me at 2:50, and that he hoped it would arrive in Utah soon....that boy can cheer me up even when I don't realize I need cheering. I had a request client yesterday named Melissa...I couldn't for the life of me remember any Melissa's besides my sister, but it turned out to be a really good friend that I hadn't seen in a while AND she let me have my way with her long locks, my way involved goldwell 4G and 6 RR. I'm so grateful to be surrounded by people who love me. I am so blessed. I know that God doesn't want me to hurt, and I see that He is helping me through this. I love you all so much, thank you for loving me in return.
6 things people said...:
What goes around comes around sister, and you my friend are full of good. So I guess this means that you should have a whole lotta goodness coming your way.
Love you and can't WAIT for talking Mexican dogs...
What the???
Call me when you can chat....I'd call you now but you're either at work or school. I air hug you now.
I'm sorry to hear about your break up. Those are never fun, or easy. :( How lucky you are to have so many loving and supportive people in your life!
Hope you are feeling better, you will find someone just as fun, bubbly, and talented as you are someday!! Hang in there :)
Jennie, you are freaking AWESOME!! I miss working at TCP and seeing you everyday. Well not necessarily working, but just the seeing you part. I wish I could make you your own "frownie face" plate like in Primary then you could just put it on your face and turn your frown upside down. I totally know what you're going through and let me just say, sometimes it helps just to think, "well he must be gay, because I'm freaking AWESOME!" And in fact in my case, the kid who I was engaged to and then broke up with did in fact turn out to be gay. I'm just saying . . .
blogging seems very theraputic to you, dear!!
awww... wait to look at the whole picture and realize sometimes you have to go thru crap to learn something. you are one awesome chiquita and i love ya lots!! and... 'you don't want this? your GAY!' can't wait for our weekend-o-fun!
PS I am going to reward you with 5 minutes of uninterupted eye contact!
Post a Comment