Saturday, October 18, 2008

ode to my bff's


I want to write a poem for you,
my BFF'S so proud and true...
You are the best ones that I know
that's what this poem should show... (I'm not the best poet ever. get over it.)

Marilee my Super Sis,
is there for me when things go amiss (not sure if that's the right way to use that word...)
she helps me out when things get hairy
even more when the Hairy's scary... (not supposed to make sense.)

Kensington my darling neice
always puts my mind as ease. (it's a near rhyme people!)
we often eat a great big pizza
but not a pizza with lots of meat-sa (what the heck rhymes with pizza?!?)

Ashley is the oldest twin,
she always knows just when to spin. (we do ALOT of interperative dancing together.)
She's funny and a sweetheart too,
and at mean-ness she yells BOO! (like BOO at a sporting event... not BOO like at Halloween)

Emily sings just like a bird
the purty-est bird I ever heard. (I did indeed mean to write Purty-est. not Prettiest.)
she always greets me with a smile,
and for that smile I'd walk a mile! (or 2)

they are my very dearest friends
and our friendship will never end. (they have to be my friends 'cause we're all related... it would be awkward at family parties if they hated me.)
nothing will ever come between,
at least nothing I've ever seen...

Remember how I'm not a poet
and My goodness, dont' I know it.
All of my sisters I would have mentioned
I hope my poem doens't cause any tention. (only word I can think of that rhymes with mentioned)

I'm writing out of sheer boredom-ness
to avoid Saturday Cleaning-ness. (you liked that didn't ya?)
My Ma just told me the house is a mess
and it is, I must confess.

I'm on my way to clean it now,
when I'm done Ma's sure to yell WOW!
I hope you liked my ode to the gals, (even though it turned into an ode against cleaning...)
they are some of my greatest pals.




...lets face it, we all get bored sometimes... dont take my poem seriously... if you do, you'll think I'm a retard, and you wont enjoy my cleverness... just relax and take it for what it is, product of boredom on a Saturday morning. also, have a great weekend! :D

4 things people said...:

Marilee said...

roses are red,
violets are blue,
i loved the poem,
and also love you!!

Yeah, rhyming isn't one of my many skillzzzz;) I think that made my millenium... you are the best poet I know! LOVES!

tj.photography said...

You go Jen! You should right for the New York Times in their poet section (i'm sure they gotta have one) You're funny as ever!

Jill said...

Great poem. I am however (a little) hurt that I am not included...

Mar, Ash and Em are great. I love them too.

I love ya Jen and I was kidding (sort-of) He HE HE HA HA HA

Love Jilly

haley hoch said...

where am I?