I always tought my kind of therapy was the Ice Cream, Cookies and a cry cry Chick Flick kind of therapy. A few post's ago, my friend Jas pointed out that Blogging seemed theraputic for me which got me thinking. Marilee can vouch that even as far back as 3rd grade, writing was what I did when I was upset. I have several journals filled with word for word arguments and clever things I thought of saying to people after the fact... (ie...Your Mom goes to College kinds of things.) I have silly pissed off letters to almost every girl and guy that ever hurt me, I have silly lovey letters written to almost every guy that has kissed me... (grand total of 4 guys, 3 letters.) I find that when I'm having a rough day, I either blog about it, or write a letter to myself about what I have going for me to cheer my self up. I have (small) boxes full of notes and letters, and I even have a journal with some very immature attempts at poetry...don't judge me...everyone goes though a Poetic stage... I'm not saying that I'm this awesome writer, or that anything I've written is even worth reading. Mostly I'm embarrassed when I re-read my letters and journals but I keep them around for a good laugh when I need it. I guess I just need the release of letting it all out on paper. Someone once told me that a letter is more meaningful than talking because you have to think about what you want to say, and you dont regret saying things you don't mean in the heat of the moment. I believe her. I'm starting to understand myself more and more everyday, I'm starting to understand that while the ice cream, cookies and cry cry chick flicks are helpful, for me, writing it all down helps me get over things. It helps me to know my true feelings and I'm not ever gonna stop writing it...think of how funny it will be when my granddaughters find my old journals and read about the time Mike and I got into a fight over what movie to watch, or when they find the letter I wrote to Simeon...now that one IS hilarious!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 things people said...:
OHHH i wanna read your letter to simon!! your totally right though i have always been able to write my feelings down on paper better then speaking them, it is very theraputic!! LOL do you remember that time we were at work and we donated our blood and i passed out!! BAHAHAHAHA THAT was funny!!! (totally off subject but i thought about that today and laughed my head off!!!)
I also have an embarassing book of poetry. Hmmmm. I would offer to let you read mine if I can read yours, but, no....the thought makes me blush....
Post a Comment