Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Joe Joe!

so it's Joey's 20th birthday tomorrow (september 3rd) and in his honor, I've decided to list 20 things I love about my baby brother... enjoy!

in no particular order...

1. he lets me call him Little Joe
2. he has amazing skillz with a pencil
3. his etch-a-sketch skillz cannot be topped
4. when he was born Momma said "it took 12 tries to get it right!" she will deny this if you ask her, but I obviously have a complex about it and a very vivid memory.
5. when he was a little tyke we dressed him as a girl. I'm very glad there were no lasting effects, he is a very MANLY man.
6. he used to change the oil in my car for me
7. we used to go to moives together alot, then he got a license and no longer needed me for the ride
8. if you give him a pen and some paper during church, you will recieve a suprise...he may have drawn a soccer ball, he may have drawn a giant Elephant.
9. this one time he held a tennis racket in front of his face and galloped around our backyard... we have this on tape. BLACKMAIL!
10. he got suspended on the last day of 6th grade
11. he got suspended for PANTSING a kid in Gym class... kind of the same as #10
12. some of his many nicknames include Skinny, Joe Joe and Pendie just to list a few
13. he has chosen to serve the Lord for 2 years in Costa Rica. I'm so proud of him!
14. he will shock you with the hilarious things he says and does.
15. when my Mom wanted to potty train him, he refused until Mikey told him his diapers were "killing Mudder Orth" that is little Mikey talk for "killing Mother Earth."
16. when he was a baby he had to sleep with a "silky" (a purple piece of silky fabric...we had several incase one got lost)
17. one time when we were very young he called me fat. this was a lie. he told me several years later that he was very sorry for this incident.
18. one time when we were not so little, I pantsed him. Marilee saw everything. I stil feel very bad about this, but he seems to have forgiven me.
19. 2 words...Party Pizza.
20. he always seems to know when I'm having a bad day and will try (pretty successfully) to cheer me up...usually with a hug.

it all comes down to this, he's my brother and I love him. I would do anything to make him happy. and i know he'd try his hardest to make me happy. joe, even though you can't read this, I love ya! thanks for being you!

5 things people said...:

Astrid said...

I think I already like him as much as the rest of the Cowans I have met and love!!! I totally remember Marilee telling me about the time you pantsed him in front of her, he may have forgiven you, but has Marilee!? :) (Just kidding!) YOU ARE SO FREAKING FUNNY, can you help me launch Elle's new business?

Shelly said...

She totally said it. "Broke the mold" if my memory serves me correctly. That was awfully sweet. He should be able to read it. Boo. I'll cut and paste it in an email to him....

Marilee said...

what a great ode to our lil' joe! that made me miss him a whole lot... tears:( oh and about the pantsing... i dunno if he really forgave you cuz we (or i) sorta lied and said i didn't see all of his manhood.... oh what a day!

Colt 'n Tami said...

how sweet are you Jen! What a heart!

Jill said...

Jennie- I totally remember Mom saying that "it took twelve tries to get it right..." I was in the tender pre-PMS morphing phase at the good ol' Payson Middle School. Imagine the toll that took on me *sigh*. You gotta love that woman!

What a nicey-nice 20 things about Joe list. I love that lil' guy.
~~ Jill

PS I have a lil pee in my pants from the "mudder orth" one. I forgot about that! Mikey was one funny kid!