
Jason and Emily Winn are probably in my "top 5 favorite people in the world that I know personally" list... I've known
Jas for about 4 years, we became buddies pretty quickly after I started working at the Mac, (even though he worked in a different store at the time...) sharing a love of sarcasm and creatively flipping each other the bird... I became his "personal assistant" the day he
transferred to the
Orem store, and I retain that position today. the day I actually met Emily happened to be the day she married Jason...(we had had several phone conversations, but never actually talked face to face...) and the day I met Emily, I knew right away we would be friends... I wasn't wrong! every time I talk to her she makes me laugh... she's one of my top 2 favorite Emily's ever (up there with my niece Emily.) and I know alot of Emily's. I'm just glad she lets me come to her house sometimes...you guys are awesome...and I love ya! so anyway, for months now, Jason, Emily and I have "planned" to watch Hot Rod together. I never doubted this would happen, I just really had no idea when it would happen...with all the craziness of
Jas and Em selling their condo in
Lehi and moving to a GORGEOUS new house in
Orem, and my finding a guy that doesn't annoy the crap out of me and actually likes me enough to want to be my boyfriend, we just haven't had schedules that meshed well... until last weekend. Last Friday, I found out so many things...the least of which is that it takes me about half as much time as Graham to shower and get ready to go somewhere... (don't deny it Graham...but don't be mad at me either... =D) Jason and Emily were very gracious when we arrived more than 45 minutes late and had Domino's Pizza waiting for us and a Henry
Weinhards Root beer for me (I was the only soda drinker in attendance) ...YUM! we ate and then took a tour of the
Casa De La Winn, you should see this place...beautiful! (the floors and cabinets were enough to turn me green and the Plantation shutters sealed the deal. I now covet their house.) after devouring the pizza, we sat down to watch one of the funniest movies in the history of man...HOT ROD.

I had no idea how funny this movie was. I was laughing so hard that I was crying... I heart the Mustache and the Footloose dance, and the fact that he wanted to make this huge bus jump so that he could pay for his step dad's heart surgery just so he could "kick his A**" when he recovered from it!

Honestly I haven't laughed that hard at a movie in so long that I can't remember what other movie made me laugh that hard. (how's that for a circular sentence?) anyway, I guess I just wanted to say THANKS to
Jas and Em for inviting us over, and tell them how glad I am that we are friends...I love you guys, and you should know I'm telling the truth 'cause I only make people that I LOVE watch the Pirate Movie, and I freaking gave it to you guys for Christmas!
lets play again soon...a little bit of The Pirate Movie revisited maybe?
7 things people said...:
I love Hot Rod!!! It is hilarious!!! "I've been drinking green tea all GD day!"
Hot Rod, huh....I haven't even heard of it. i am so out of the movies-other-than-Twilight loop. I wanna Pirate Movie Playdate! Aaron won't watch it with me and even if he did, I don't own a copy. Boo.
Long live the Pirate Movie!
Jennifer-I didn't know that you were a drinker... that is something that I wish not to know about. You will be forever Perfect Jen in my eyes.
And Graham... if you are reading this... What's up with Jen Jen kicking your arse in the getting ready competition!?! I thought better of you-- I really did. Quit reading and shower already!!
I know that I am no shining star next to the awesome competition that is Jas & Emily, but I am in the top ten favorite Jill and Justin's that you know... I hope... and Justin makes one heck of a heart attack, so come play sometime. I miss you.
Love from your non-drinking sister!
~~ Jill
JILL!!! since when did you join the Anti-Soda club?! you have failed me...I am heart broken. some heart attacks should fix me right up though...
What the heck is this crap? Slandering me online? Ouch, baby. Very ouch.
Maybe it would help to know that I was tired, hungry and covered in tire crap when I came home, and that I got off work a half hour late anyway. By any measurable standard, I was ready to go to the MOON in record time!!!
Hey it takes Marc twice as long as me to get ready too! I can get myself AND the 2 girls ready for church, or anything else for that matter and he's still farting around, sometimes literally!!!
So I wasn't sure about the movie "Hot Rod" because I hadn't really heard anything about it, but now that it has your recommendation, I am for sure sending Marc to the Red Box to get it. I may take him an hour, but at least this time I'll know it's because of the stupid people he always gets stuck behind who must have been locked in a bomb shelter for like 50 years, and have NO IDEA how to use a freaking computer, let alone Red Box! Anyway, we'll be watching it really soon thanks to you!!!
Holy cow Jen. I love you too! I really need to get on the blogosphere more often if people are writing nice things about me like this. We totally had an awesome time with you guys and would totally do it again. Thanks for the fun and entertainment. It is always a spectacle when you come by. You are the best ever, Love ya!
Post a Comment