Friday, August 8, 2008

My life's calling

...so...I'm pretty sure that my calling in life lies in the beauty industry. nothing makes me happier than when my friends and family trust me to do their hair. I almost started crying a couple of days ago when my friend Stacee from the BL told my client that she didn't trust many girls at school to cut her hair, but she would trust me. I love that Marilee lets me try new color techniques, and that Kensie let me give her Bangs. I love that Tami let me have my way with her hair, and that Amy didn't cry like she thought she would but was so happy with what I did that she wouldn't stop hugging me. I love that my Mom no longer has grandma hair but now has a cute texturized little coif. I love that Liv thinks it's so cool that I cut her hair, and that I no longer only do 'Evening Ensembles' to Shelly's hair, I actually get to cut her gorgeous black mane! I love the feeling of my shears in one hand and a comb in the other... I love giving scalp treatments...I love Men's cuts...I love teaching people how to be their best selves...I love that I am HAPPY when I'm doing hair...I get this natural high whenever I cut and style hair. and I'm on cloud 9 when my clients love their new style as much as I do. I never realized how fulfilling being a hair stylist could be. I must admit that I was scared of it for a very long time, and until I let my creativity flow, I didn't know my full potential. I'm going to post a couple of (braggy) before and after pictures...I hope Amy doesn't mind...her haircut is a crown jewel for me, and I am so elated that she trusted me to unleash my Amazing Razor on her tresses...
thanks to all who have trusted me to "play" with their hair... I love you guys!


Amy, a major Hottie before my razor got to her..




Amy Smokin' Hott after =)

Lauren, she wanted a DRASTIC change too...


how drastic is that?!

I love what I do!


10 things people said...:

Unknown said...

Boyfriend likes scalp treatments....purrrrrr.... :-) you rock babe!

David and Janalee said...

Amy's hair is AMAZING!!!!! Amy if you read this I LOVE it!!! Great job Jen, I knew you would be great at this, I just wish I was close enough to partake-especially the scalp treatments, but sign me up for November when we come for Thanksgiving! YOU ROCK CHICKA!
Olives, Janna
ps- a Jennie Chateau in the back yard if A-Okay with me!

Astrid said...

You're awesome! I have some like 6 inch roots that just might be calling your name . . . can you hear them?! Don't be mistaken, they're not chanting "Jerry . . . Jerry" for Jerry Springer, they're chanting "Jennie. . . Jennie. . . ." They sound pretty similar, and actually lots of people who pass by me think my roots are chanting "Jerry," but I have to correct them all the time! And for sure I will make that cake for you if you want it for the 25th Annual Jennie Day! I can even send the Barbie part down early so you can style her locks a little bit better than I did (pipe cleaner and all!)

Shelly said...

Do you have any openings for the Friday before Labor Day?? Olive thinks she needs bangs, she's been talking about it for a few weeks now. "Jennie needs to give me bangs, is that OK with you, Mom?" I think you rock! I miss my evening ensembles.....

Jessica Marie said...

I love you Jennie! You are so talented and AMAZING!!!! Lately I've been thinking that maybe I should try some bangs.......what do you think?

Superflymama said...

I love, love, love my hair Jennie. Thank you for the great cut. You rock. And it makes me happy that you like my hair as well.Thanks for all the great tips on how to style my hair and I'm just so glad we cut it. Love you and your scissors!!! Amy

Unknown said...

I am glad you have found your calling! I always thought it would be great to be a stylist. Your before and after's are so cute!!! You are awesome at what you do :)

Colt 'n Tami said...

wahooooooooo u rock Jennie! Heck ya I'm glad you love what you do cause I love how you do my hair!!! THANKS. oh and I'm thinking you should post some pics of you and your lover boy! WAHOOO. take care

Astrid said...

You are so much hotter than the BYU girls!!! And of course your invitation to Hannah and Carter's wedding will be one of the first sent out! Is it too early to reserve you for doing the hair as well?

Stacie said...

Could you come visit and help my locks out?? I need MAJOR help! When are you coming to visit!?!