Tuesday, July 29, 2008

yet another game of Tag...

Shelly tagged me...and what do ya know? I actually don't mind being tagged...I never really did mind, even back in the old days of "tag" football, laser tag, freeze tag, and yes even on occasion Kissing tag...except when Jory Reynolds was trying to tag me...GROSS! so, I'll happily oblige my big sis, and hope that those unfortunate souls that I tag actually play along!

here's how we do it... write 6 things about the way you see yourself... Shelly wrote 6 more things about the way she hopes others see her and I think I'm gonna make that a new rule...so new rules are as follows... 6 words that you think describe you, and 6 words you think others might use to describe you...then tag 6 buddies... have fun!

I see myself like this...
1. reader... I make it a point to never leave the house without a book or two. Momma says I'm addicted...and I think she's write...uh...I mean right!
2. beautiful... but not so much in comparison to my GORGEOUS sisters...I hope I'm seen as beautiful inside too.
3. creative... I like to pride myself on making life interesting, I'm pretty sure that I could have fun with an empty water bottle...or a stapler...or a pair of socks...or a blade of grass...or a rusty old lawn mower without an engine...or a cherry tree...or a deck of cards...
4. AWKWARD... I am pretty much the queen of awkwardness...and I like to point out awkward situations...maybe that is why I like The Office so much...
5. hilarious... I'm pretty funny...or at least I think I am... sometimes my jokes fall flat, and when they do I'm sure to point out how AWKWARD the lack of laughter is... ;)
6. wannabe guitarist... my guitar is the BEST birthday/Christmas present I have ever received...I like to think I'm pretty good at it too! my guitar can calm me down, get me pumped, make me laugh, and make me cry (as many of you witnessed at Mike and Ash's wedding...) I love it!

now for the way I hope others see me...
1. Sister... I hope all of my siblings think I'm a good one! I love you guys!
2. Friend... I always try to be there for my friends, and I hope they see that in me.
3. Sharing... but not in a "let me 'share' my life story 'cause you asked how my day was" kind of way...I just like to share my snacks, food and good fortune!
4. Auntie... some of my favorite people in the world are offspring from my brothers and sisters...and I hope they always think of me as "fun Aunt Jennie"
5. good at cookies... so...it cannot be denied that Lindy is the best cookie maker, but I think I come in a close 2nd... I also make a KILLER Chocolate Salad...
6. happy... I always try to put on a happy face even if I'm really pissed off... some people can see right through it, but I hope they see that I'm generally a happy person...I love my life even though sometimes crap happens!

now comes the fun part where I tag 6 people... so here goes... Jilly, Marilee, Tami, Angie, Tynelle and Astrid! hop to it Ladies! ;)

4 things people said...:

The Chizel Family said...

thats so funny that you remember Jory Reynolds was trying to kiss you. I tought about you as I stood outside of Hot Topic yesterday, I was hoping to see you, but no luck.

Astrid said...

You ARE FREAKING HILARIOUS!!!!!!! We should get together with our guitars sometime, only problem is that mine is merely a guitar from Guitar Hero, but man can I play!!!!! Sometimes I pretend that I'm really playing that sucker, and man I wish I could. You're AWESOME! Oh and I was thinking this morning that there better be a post in your future about "The Tower!" You better be one of Bon Losse's finest who is selected to style some the the most elite cheap people, like myself. :)

Shelly said...

Thanks, Jen. I think you're the only one who played with me....

Colt 'n Tami said...

if i had to describe you it would be... on hott hair stylist. whaooo you are so much fun. i love my hair and hte cut! also,,,, it was super fun to see ya at mare's the other night... you rock JEN!