since i enjoyed blogging about my neices and nephews so much, i thought it might be fun to blog about the people who mean more to me than almost anything in the world. the people who helped raise me, and helped me become who i am today. the people who's examples are more than i think i'll ever be able to live up to. my brothers and sisters. this time i'm leaving the in-laws out, even though i've known most of them for more than half of my life... there will be another post for them and for my parents another day. so, here goes, my family, minus mom, dad, ferdie, david, robb, mechelle, jaret, justin, aaron, amy, nathan and ashley...
Marianne...Mar is the oldest, and therefore like a second mom to me. and she's even been mistaken for my actual mom...though I dont know how, she doesn't look old enough to have a 16 year old let alone me! she's always ready with an answer or suggestion to any question I have for her...whether it's a cooking question, or one of those really off the wall questions about the way things are. Mar, just so you know, I'm always good to bring the Chocolate Salad, I love you!
Janalee...or Jana as only I am allowed to call her...Jan has trusted me from the very tender age of 16 to babysit her kids while she and Davey are off in Hawaii or Alaska vacationing, or in Tiawan adopting children. I don't get to tend nearly as often as I would like...but I love that she trusts me with her children. it really means alot to a crazy girl like me! I love you Jana! and P.S. one night in bangkok forever! ...um...I mean Taipei...
Melissa...I love that some of my earliest memories are of Melissa attempting to teach me how to dance...and of her actually dancing. when I was little, I wanted to look just like her, and I only do when I wear the pink irredescent spandex... plus, Mel gave me my Beauregarud Bear. can't sleep without him! thanks Mel, I love you!
Jared...my big brother. I want to apologize for the millionth time for being so annoying to him when I was a little one. I watched the video we have of him leaving for Korea, and I'm shocked and amazed that he didn't look annoyed, he only did as I was asking and picked my 8 year old body up! he also taught me how to shoot a rifle...and I recently found out that in his cell phone I'm listed as Jennie Lynn...how cute is that?! Jared, you're awesome! I love you!
Melinda...but that's not her real name and we all know it! Lindy, Marilee and I all shared a bedroom when I was little. she'd come in after Mar and I were supposed to be long ago asleep, and if we weren't she'd sing that stupid song about running around in circles til she stopped and dropped. she also used to pay me a whole DOLLAR to clean her bedroom! thanks for the dollars Didi- I love you!
Jill...Jilly bean, I can always count on Jill to share a good book, or for some greasy food late at night, or to learn me her new favorite song, or to laugh WITH (not at me) me while I play Hula Hoop on Wii sports... Jill taught me the beauty of Los Hermanos, and the joy of Heart Attacks. I love you, Jill!
Michelle...Shelly, what can I say? Shelly's movie collection brought me the current love I have for Jane Austen. Shelly's clothing collection helped me out on many a date back before she got married and took all those lovely clothes away. and Shelly's phone calls about random songs that remind her of me bring a smile to my face on the worst of days. Shelly, you'll always be the Pretty one, and I love you for it!
Jonathan...Jonny once shot my finger with an "air filled" bb gun...I didn't know that air could leave a scar... don't worry I'm over it...Jonny and I have this strange connection, I have some of the most random and most deep talks with him, and he let me straight razor his head! I guess the cut I gave him was payback for the air bb... I love you Jon, even though you wont ever hug you little sister!
Marilee...Mar is one of my best friends. we always stuck together in what ever neighborhood 'disagreement' we were having, and she always made room for me in her social circle in high school. she's always there for me, always up for a pizza and a movie. thanks Mar, I love you!
next in line would be me, but I won't blog about myself, you hear enough of that already!
Michael...Mikey Mikey Motorcikey! what a good little brother he's been! he knows how to get on my nerves, and he know how to cheer me up... he always knows when I could use a hug, and he's a pretty good sport when Ash and I want to watch chick flicks and not Man Movies. thanks for the good example Mike, I love you!
Joseph...Joey, Little Joe, JoeJoe- one of my heroes! he's always gonna be the baby, but he's also always gonna be the guy I turn to when I need a chat. Joey is quiet, but he's secretly hilarious! he's an awesome example to me and I'm so proud of his decision to serve the Lord. (all of my brother's went on missions, but Joe is currently on his, and I miss him TERRIBLY!) we got so close while Mike was gone, and I miss talking to my Little Joe, and having him take care of my oil changes! I know you can't read this, cause you're in Costa Rica, but I really do love you! you're the best baby brother I could ask for!
so there ya have it, my brothers and sisters. I know that you hear this from everyone, but I definitely wouldn't be Jennie without them, and who knows, my dancing skillz might have been lost forever without the example of my Drill Teaming sisters, and my gun handling prowess might not be as 'good' without my 'big and little' brothers! I love you, you're the best!
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Brothers and Sisters...
Posted by
jennie
at
9:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 things people said...:
awwwwww. I love you too jenk! That was a sweet post and it nearly brought a tear to my eye. I miss yer stinkin guts and think you should come live in my Nannie wing. I would love to share greasy food, pizza, or....or or or custard and a movie with you!
I have fond memories of all the Cowan children but my first memory of Janalee is wearing a pink sailer type church dress. I thought she was so stylish! Also, thanks to all your sisters for the dresses that we used to play dress up in! I like the puffy sleeves!
sniffle.... then a tear rolling down my cheek.... that was the sweetest thing.... you're one great lil' sis.... my favorite one at that! thanks JenJen for bringing a smile to my face! ILOVEYOU!
Jennie,
Let me just remind you that with out our spunky, crazy, multi personalitied, breaks into random dance and song, babysittin, heart attack makin, girl movie watchin little sis the Cowan crew would be oh so very BORING! You can make me smile when life happens, you watch my kids (and I think you actually enjoy it some of the time!)you just plain ROCK!
I love you Jennie!
Jana
Dearest Jennie- I heart you. You are the best and that was a fabulous post. Our brothers do know how to shoot those guns, don't they?!? I think that you are one cool cowan! Love jilly bean
Post a Comment