my "spa day" on wednesday was ...interesting... I loved the synergie wrap...(all except for the whole spandex suit thingy, but then, I generally try to steer clear of the whole spandex movement all together...in public at least...) ...the microdermabrasion was pretty cool, the Mli's on the other hand was not quite as enjoyable...anyway, I'll take you through my 3 hours step by step...hope you enjoy!
synergie goes something like this...
step 1- step into disposable undies...which are pretty much a strip of paper with an elastic band, put on disposeable bra, which is again, a srtip of paper attatched to some elastic bands... not the best support ever...and then "gracefully" put on the one piece spandex suit...don't worry, I'm told it's supposed to be EXTREMLY tight...
step 2- exit ladies room, and lay on the massage table...I was okay with this part, until I fully understood what a spandex suit looks and feels like on Jennie.
step 3- lay on the table while Danielle the Estetics girl runs the Synergie vaccum up and down and side to side all over you... I found out that I'm even more ticklish than I thought I was...
step 4- try not to laugh when she's asking you about everyday things like lunch and how much school you have left while doing something that supposedly "helps lift your bottom"...this was difficult considering I find spandex so humorous, and I was being ticked within an inch of my life...
step 5- get over the fact that the skinny little girl that is your estitician saw you in a SPANDEX SUIT!!! I don't know if I'll ever recover!
step 6- enjoy the most amazing nights sleep you'll ever have...done, Done and DONE! Mike and Ash told me that I looked high when I was talking to them on Wednesday night...I was so relaxed!
so, Synergie, although slightly embarrassing, is very relaxing, and effective!
next came the Mli's body wrap... while I enjoy the exfoliation bennefits now, I do not believe that I will ever have another body wrap...EVER! here's how it goes...
step 1- remove the spandex suit, but keep on the undies...not gonna lie, I almost wish I could have kept the suit on when I found out what was gonna happen next
step 2- stand there (in disposeable under garments) while little Danielle applies the body rub to your legs, bum, back, belly and arms...'nuff said.
step 3- stand there (still in disposeable undies) while size 2 Danielle applies the body rub activator to the same places...again, 'nuff said.
step 4- turn around while saran wrap is applied over the rub and activator...I think the saran wrap suit may have been worse than the spandex suit...
step 5- and really the only step I liked, lay on the massage table under a big blanket while still fully clothed in body rub filled saran wrap and relax for an hour...
step 6- continue to lay on massage table without the blanket, and become horribly embarrassed while she cuts the saran wrap off your body and all of your ...assets... that were so neatly held together by the saran wrap roll out of the saran wrap and on to the table...yet again...'nuff said.
step 7- rub in excess body rub and rub activator and put your freaking clothes back on! I don't think I've ever gotten dressed so fast!
step 8- be very grateful for the sheet walls that were protecting everyone else in the room from the sight of you in saran wrap...
next, well technically this happened durring the hour of laying in saran wrap, I had Microdermabrasion...
step 1- and really the only step there is... lay there while Danielle cleanses your face, then rubs it with the microderm machine...if you ask an estetician, they'll tell you "it feels like a kitty cat licking your face" this "kitty Cat" must be sharpening his tounge with...with something that would make it's tounge very rough and sand paper-ish... but the hurt only lasts for a few minutes, and you are totally relaxed from all the laying there in spandex and saran wrap, so you don't really even care that it feels like you are that project you made in 9th grade woodshop that you sanded down from 2 inches to 1/2 an inch...and plus, when you're done, your face feels like heaven, and it isn't red, scabbed, scratched (even though it feels like it should be) or peeling, like when you get a chemical peel!
so, in conclusion, I will definitely do synergie (now that I am fully aware of what to expect when in a spandex suit) and microderm again, but like I said, I'll never, Ever, EVER have another body wrap...it was just too wierd... ;)
Friday, June 13, 2008
not sure how to feel about it...
Posted by
jennie
at
9:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 things people said...:
ha ha!! Sounds like an interesting experience. I bet your body was fresh and rejuved! I have done the microdermabrasion before at my dermatologist and loved it. But I have to agree with you on the spandex outfit and such.... at least it isn't as embarassing as going to the "down there" Dr. HA HA {I couldn't resist} Although that is no longer embarassing after being pregnant and going there all the time!!
Thanks for the details, quite perfectly shared, if I do say so myself! :)
That was a good belly laugh! Thanks Jen! Why is it that only teeny weeny little girls are the ones that do the embrassing stuff like seeing you all nekkid and rubbing stuff on you and wrapping you tightly in saran wrap? IT's JUST WRONG!!!
OH MY!!!! Let it be said right here right now there will be no rubbing and saran wrap in my future!!!! OR IN ETERNITY in case you were wondering!
You made me laugh aout loud!
Janalee
hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa nuff said!
you are a hoot! I really laughed alot!
Jennie--
Do you not remember the story about my so called "After Sun Aloe Wrap" in the Bahamas?!?! Ferdie thought he was being so very thoughtful!! Just imagine a big BUFF Daniel doing your full body saran wrap mixed with aloe!! I for one am not a firm believer in any sort of full body wraps, unless you like the feeling of being violated!! Oh, by the way did Danielle have any incense sticks burning to ad to the atmosphere?!?!
GOOD GRAVY!!!!!!! How on earth did you do that!? I think I would have had a nervous breakdown or something. Either way it would have resulted in some sort of hysterics!!! Those paper undies and bra could not have nearly offered enough coverage for me!! How do people do that kind of stuff on a regular basis and consider it relaxing. Yikes, maybe we can find a therapist together . . . you know you for your recent "massage" escapades, and me for the sick and twisted stuff I innocently find while shopping for people's gifts online. :)
YOU DESERVE A MAJOR AWARD FOR THAT!!!!
Jen-- At first I was like "spa day... mmm, JEALOUS". Now, I'm not gonna lie, I am glad that you went first! I think that spandex and paper undies should be outlawed! ~~ Jill
Post a Comment