alright. I'm sick of it. I can put up with this NO LONGER! but really it's all my fault, because, ya see, I'm the one who does all the reading and the movie watching...so in reality it is ALL MY FAULT. I'm talking of course, about the totally UNREALISTIC expectations I have in MEN. the trouble is, that characters such as Edward Cullen, Edward Rochester, Jack Bauer, Fitzwilliam Darcy, Michael Hamilton, Jess Davies, Ian O'Shea, Captain Frederick Wentworth, Edward Ferrars, (man there are ALOT of Edward's in fiction!) Jim Halpert, Cappie, Evan Chambers, William, (the hot irish guy from the bar in P.S. I Love You) Prince Eric, Sir Percible Blackney, Tom LaFroy, Tristan Thorn, William Thackar, William Turner (lots of William's too...) and many more who's names have escaped me at the moment... have simply ruined my chances of ever being satisfied by any real man. I must come to terms with the fact that it just isn't feasible that a horse riding, loving from a distance, csi opperative, alien shooting, broodingly handsome, insanely wealthy, navy captain/paper salesman, gentleman, guitar playing, revolutionary, pirate, bookstore owning, vampire will ever be real, let alone in LOVE with me... I know. I know. I KNOW! I'll just have to settle for a man who IS real...I still have my dreams though...and those blasted books and movies...
Monday, May 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 things people said...:
I wouldn't give up the search yet, stranger things have happened. Besides, if you give up on this, next you'll be telling me you're giving up on getting some women's clothing or , lingerie in the BOARD ROOM at Mr. MAC, and basically my life will only be complete once that happens.
And DITTO to the freaky Utah weather. I can't tell if it's safe to put away winter clothes still. I like to equate Utah weather to MENOPAUSE, it just needs a little Hormone Replacement Therapy.
Jennie- Have you forgotten everything that Austenland taught you? He is out there- He may be busy because of his many jobs, talents and hobbies...
ha ha this is perfect! I always was the same way before I met Chris. Don't worry when you find your hunk o burnin' love, he will feel like all those things wrapped in one!!! But keep those expectations high because I know that you will NEVER have to settle :)
Dearest Jen...Allow me to help ease your pain by pointingout some flaws...Edward C. :the obvious would be he IS a vampire...you would have to give up your werewolf friends...Jack Bauer would end up dead before your first anniversary in his line o work...Darcy has no flaws other than he is deceased....Ian O'Shea...likes his women a little.....shall we say different?? I would never tell you to give up hope on these fine specimens, just find a man who knows that if one or all of your men showed up on your door you would excuse yourself for a few days...
Jennie,
Some day your prince will come!!!!
Yeah, you need to check out all of the items in the ebay "store." For SURE they have matching women's gear. They have quite an extensive collection, some more questionable like DORA THONGS. Yeah, you heard me right!
It's not my fault . . . these things keep "popping" up when I'm innocently looking for things like "cougar memorabilia" or "sock monkey blanket!" I'm the innocent by-stander here who has been corrupted. Can you provide me the professional help I need!
Post a Comment