Friday, April 3, 2009

sequels

for some reason, I have an aversion to sequels. could be simply the fact that a sequel means its #2, and I like the number 1 so much more than the number 2. (even though 1 is the loneliest number that you'll ever do...but then, 2 can be as bad as 1, it's the loneliest number since the number 1) most sequles don't even compare to the original (unless we're talking the second time you taste Jones Soda candy, cause it just gets better.) think about it, take the Rocky series for example, number 1 is awesome, but they kind of go down hill from there... even though number 4 is my personal favorite.

or the Friends spin-off series, Joey. LAME.
most of the book series that I read go like this, number 1 is amazing, number 2 is okay, number 3 sometimes redeems itself. then I usually loose interest because the second and third suck so much.

I'm not saying sequels are never good, this would be a lie. for example, dearest Anita wrote a 2 book series, the first titled The Gable Faces East, it's good, but the second one, Gables Against The Sky, is WAY better. I'm just not into sequels... a few weeks ago, the sequel to my FAVORITE book ever came out.


instead of rushing out to buy it, I let it sit for a while because I was sure that it couldn't be as good as the first one. I was pleasantly surprised though, when I did finally buy it and read it. it was just as funny as the first one. maybe my fear of number 2 is coming to an end

1 things people said...:

Shelly said...

Does you "#2" aversion have anything to do with Austin Powers? "Who does #2 work for?"...."How 'bout a courtesy flush?" hehehehe you make me smile. I am in need of some books. Will you give me a list to read, por favor? Oh, and have you ever read "Wicked" the book? And if so, did you like it? And would you read the same author's take on Cinderella?