I was driving to work this morning, and flipping through radio stations, when what song did I suddenly hear? BLAME IT ON THE RAIN!!! I LOVED that song when I was little!

MilliVanilli rocked my world the first time I heard it! hearing it today made me remember this one time, (and I know that some of ya won't believe that I remember this far back, but I do, get over it.) anyways this one time, I was in kindergarten, (I know this because I specifically remember it was Mike and baby Joe's nap time and Mar was at school still) so, after my daily walk to Day's, (back in the day Mom let me walk there alone, it was safe, I promise!) where I always got either Mamba's, Bonkers or Necco's (because they had LOTS of pieces of candy, not just one big bar) I had to entertain myself...this day, I chose to play in the back yard, which pretty much means that I wandered around aimlessly gathering small sticks (probably to make a fire in case the power went out) flowers (to give to Mom, after drowning them in a quart sized Kerr jar full of water and dirt. I thought it was pretty, Mom called it a mess.) and rocks (to throw at the boys after they woke up.) I remember the wandering this day because I thought I was the coolest girl on the block as I belted out, at the TOP of my lungs, the only part of Blame it on the Rain that I knew...so take a moment, to imagine 5 year old Jennie, most likely she's wearing some kind of spandexy-leggings and over sized t-shirt complete with puffy-painted hearts and one of those plastic things that you pulled the bottom of your over sized t-shirt though...I don't remember what they were called, I just know that I loved 'em and stole them from my sisters on a daily basis, she's got a PERMED Dorthy Hamel haircut, and she's singing... "BLAME IT ON THE RAIN, BLAME IT ON THE RAIN, BLAME IT ON THE RAIN!!!! BBBBBLAME IT ON THE RAIN, YEAH, YEAAAAH!" yeah...I KNEW I was cool.
7 things people said...:
What's all this 'was' stuff. You ARE cool. I miss Days. I miss cheap candy bars. I hate paying almost a buck for a fetchin' twix/snickers/peanut m & m s fix. Damn the inflated cost of sanity. I only cuss because this is your blog and I'm purty sure you don't care. I miss Milli Vanilli. Who cares if they lip synched it all....
That single post explains it all....
love it! love you and all your silly-ness.... and YESSSSSSS! for the permed dorthy hamel hair.... at least your outfit wasn't topped off by coke bottle glasses.... sad, sad days!
If only we knew each other when we were younger . . . I LOVE IT!!! When I was little I had this shirt that said, "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!" In hot pink and quite frankly I wish I still had it and it fit me!
I will admit I was pretty heart broken when Milli Vanilli had to call it quits! I remember watching them on the Mickey Mouse Club, probably after watching Kid Incorporated! Oh man, the good old days. Maybe Puffy Painted shirts are the next big step for the Board Room!?
Shirt Clips Jennie! SHIRT CLIPS!
How could you forget that?!?
and Milli Vanilli? WOW. I loved those lip synchin' fools. They were super HOT!
PS... it was probably my shirt clip that you stole. I had a whole collection. I was quite infatuated with them... I had a cow shirt clip too...
I have to tell you, I haven't been able to get this song out of my freaking head . . . "whatever you do, don't put the blame on you, blame it on the rain . . . yeah, yeah, blame it on the stars that shine at night . . ." I wonder if iTunes sells lipsynced songs?
That reminds me of that one song...
"I kissed a girl and I liked it..."
Post a Comment