I got t-t-t-Taged by Amy... so here goes, ENJOY!!!
20 years ago... 1988. well... I was 5. what does a 5 year old really do besides take naps and get excited about snacks during quiet time? my favorite hobbies included bugging my Mommy, being Daddy's girl, walking to Days Market to get Patty's Pizza and shasta, learning to shake my little behuda, (that's my bum-bum) shaking my little behuda to awesome 80's tunes, idolizing my 7 big sisters and getting ready to start Kindergarten... I remember my Pre-K doctors visit...I was TERRIFIED!!! my BFF was Jesse Hales, he introduced me to the wonderful world of Nintendo...an addiction I have struggled with since the tender age of 5. (I'm kidding! I stink at video games...) he and I were gonna get married you know...
10 years ago... 1998. I was 14 turning 15. wow. that would make me in 8th or 9th grade? I need to say that Jr. High was not the best time for me... I HATED IT!!! 8th grade brought with it a terrible haircut, the removal of my braces (not soon enough!!!) a random I'm cooler than you attitude, and STILL NOT being allowed to wear make-up. 9th grade was slightly better, I got to wear make-up!!! YAY!!! But I also had a creepy math teacher who looking back, said some PRETTY inappropriate things to me! (good thing I've forgotten most of 'em!) a not-so-random I'm cooler than you attitude, wishing I were my sisters, (cause they are all gorgeous... have you SEEN them?!) and a growing crush on David Robbins that woul continue to fester until the very day I graduated from Payson High. My BFF'S were Kari Stevens, Sarah O'Bryant and Tynelle Nelson... Good times!
5 years ago... 2003. Ahh... the year after I graduated... with my brief stint as a granola-girl over, (that was really over by the end of 10th grade...but its funny to think about it now...) I was ready for a new style. I chopped off my hair, bleached and colored the heck out of it and loved that it took only 15 minutes from the time I got out of the shower til I was ready for action! I started working at Macey's and got a new BFF Amanda Burton, had a HUGUNGUS crush on a guy named Bob, (but who wasn't in love with Hot Bob?!) and I was pretty sure my life was complete the day I met him... okay, not really if you don't already know this, I can be somewhat dramatic and exaggerative. (is that even a word?)
3 years ago... 2005. I was working at Mr. Mac, the best job I've ever had, and loving being single and free to spend my cash any way I pleased! I got a new car, got in a car accident, hydroplanned off the freeway, and broke my L2 Vertebrae. This is not something I would recommend doing. Not fun! so with my new Jetta totaled, the Black Bug came blazing into my life, and I gave him the name of Hercules! HOOORAH for black bugs!
1 year ago... 2007. I was thinking about starting school, getting ready for a sweet sweet trip to Disneyland and San Diego with the Browns, and a quick trip back down to LA to see Wicked with the Hochey-Pokes. later that year, I started beauty school and pretty much haven't had a life since! yay!
So far this year... 2008. I have gone to work and school m-f 8 am to 9 pm. had fun on weekends with my family, gotten a new church calling, learned that I can make it on less than 4 hours of sleep, but I'm REALLY ONERY!!! and been excited/scared out of my mind to go to Chicago with school and a bunch of my girlfriends. also, I get to be a big sister again!!! no, my mom's not pregnant, (and thank heaven for that!!! ;) we're not adopting a new sibling, (though I've tried my hardest to convince my parents this is a good idea.) Mikey's gettin' married and I FINALLY get a lil' Sis!
Yesterday... I went to work, then school, where I gave a friend some AWESOME red and blonde highlights, finished packing for Chicago, and watched a few episodes of the office on my ipod while I tried to get some sleep.
Today... I woke up, really finished packing (my toothbrush, flat iron, blow-dryer, make-up etc.) cried as I walked out the door, cause, I'm really going to miss my house and my mom, and my dad, and my sisters, and my brothers, and my bed, and my Beauregaurd Bear, and my shoes, and my clothes, (the ones that weren't lucky enough to come ;) and because I'm scared that I'm going to get lost in the city- and never find my way out!!! then, I got in my car, and drove to work...while in my car I called my Pop, and left him a message saying Bye-Bye for now, because I didn't get to say it in person this morning. now I'm at work typing this, and will be on my way to school shortly... wow, long day already!
Later tonight...I'll be making Chicago t-shirts with some friends, planning operation Kristank, (updates to come later... he he he ) and sleeping at my VERY KIND big Sister Melissa's house. YAY!
Tomorrow... I will be flying to Chicago, visiting Pivot Point International, having tons of fun with my friends, and missing my mom, dad, house, shoes, sisters, brothers, etc.
This year I hope to... Graduate! get a job, start paying off my student loans, save the whales and the dolphins, wrestle a bear, catch a chicken, (maybe Farmer Parks can help me eith that one...) rope a steer, go fishing, go to Nauvoo with the Fam, perhaps visit Payson Lakes, learn more ways to cut Hair, work on my guitar skillz, marry a billionaire, be my merry self, improve the state of the Union, apply for my passport so I can go to Costa Rica next year, play with my family, have fun with my friends, take ton's of pictures, be a better blogger, be a better friend, be a better SISTER, love deeply, be less quick to judge others, re-read the B.O.M., find time to read, buy all 4 seasons of the office, (and the 5th as soon as it becomes available...) get some new thinning shears, aquire a feather razor, not cut myself shaving, wax my upper lip, loose weight, buy new "skinny clothes" after said weight loss, find a better way to clear the ozone layer, climb mount everest (okay, not really climb it, more like watch a movie about someone who did... any suggestions?) steal my Mom's sweet new bike, (and by sweet, I mean totally awesome!) go to ALL band concerts, enjoy myself at Onion Days, learn to throw a frisbee well, vanquish my current guitar hero records, record a best selling album, not be too busy with all of my new plans that it takes away from family time, and stop exaggerating... but you all loved that, right? (don't say that all in one breath...you may pass out!)
so, now I get to tag other people, huh? well... I TAG Tami, Angie, Tynelle, Hayley and Dari. (my sisters already got tagged by Amy... you're gonna go DOWN for that Amy! he he he! ;)
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Tag!
Posted by
jennie
at
9:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 things people said...:
Jennie- I lover love love you (to steal your oh-so-addicting vocabulary!) I will (already do) miss you. Be SAFE, Don't talk to strangers and learn all that you can. I am proud of you and your awesome life. Hang in there and don't let anyone tell you what to do on your trip. Just pretend that you are Rosita and that you speak e-spanish-ol! (yes i know that I need better spelling skills) Love ya! Jill
hmmm, feelin a bit out of the loop as always...you are going to Chicago? Well, have a great time and be safe! I agree will jilly..if you get stuck or nervous, bring Rosita out you'll have it made. Have fun!
Jan
Hey, Be careful in Chicago!! But have a blast! How long are you going for?
I have never been so proud of you, Jen. Not only are you going to tackle a huge to do list, but you....away from home.....WITHOUT Beauregaurd?!???!! I think I'm gonna cry....**sniffle**
Post a Comment